The TWIGS Organization of Licking Memorial Hospital was established in May 1950.
Mrs. John Spencer (Ernie) asked her bridge club to form TWIGS 1. Mrs. Spencer was
the first TWIGS Executive Board Chairman and held that office from 1950 to 1953.
Seven other TWIGS were also formed at the same time. Currently there are six active
TWIGS originated with a ladies’ auxiliary group of Rochester General Hospital, Rochester,
New York in the late 1800s.
Please visit the following sections to learn more about TWIGS: