Licking Memorial Hospital (LMH) Laboratory is a full service laboratory offering timely, accurate, state-of-the-art testing. Our staff is dedicated to providing a high level of technical expertise and excellent customer service.
The Laboratory offers to the patients and medical staff of Licking Memorial Health Systems (LMHS) and its clients a full complement of Clinical Laboratory and Pathology services based on needs assessment. The test results used in an individual's care are definitive. The Clinical Laboratory maintains a staff of qualified Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Medical Laboratory Technicians, and Phlebotomists on a 24-hour per day basis. The services provided include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Blood Bank—performs typing and compatibility testing and supplies blood components as necessary for patient care.
- Chemistry—provides a variety of routine and esoteric procedures.
- Hematology/Urinalysis—provides a variety of routine and special procedures as well as coagulation assays.
- Pathology—full-time pathologists. They provide anatomical and surgical pathology, review of cytology screening, and are available for consultation in person or on a call basis to the Clinical Laboratory and medical staff 24 hours per day.
- Histology/Cytology—processes tissue and fluid specimens to be examined for abnormalities, such as malignancies.
- Microbiology/Serology—performs bacterial identification and determines sensitivities to antibiotics. Provides routine serological testing procedures.
- Molecular—The identification of organisms or detection of genetic mutations by DNA/RNA assays.
- Phlebotomy—obtains specimens by venipuncture and capillary puncture for inpatients and outpatients. Processes all collected Laboratory specimens.
- Point of Care—reviews and monitors patient care, trains personnel, and consults regarding all laboratory testing done outside the Laboratory in LMHS.
Registering: A physician's order is required at the time of registration. Please report to the Outpatient Registration area when arriving at LMH for your laboratory test. After the registration staff has obtained the necessary information, you will be directed to the adjacent Outpatient Laboratory. A Laboratory phlebotomist will then greet you and proceed with your specimen collection.
Pataskala Health Campus satellite site: The Pataskala Health Campus is located at One Healthy Place (off Broad Street) in Pataskala. Patients may receive laboratory collection services without an appointment; however, they will be required to have a signed order from their physician. Patients should also present their insurance information. The Laboratory is located on the first floor and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Outpatient laboratory specimens will be analyzed in the LMH Laboratory Department in Newark.
Licking Memorial Hospital - Tamarack satellite site: Licking Memorial Outpatient Laboratory - Tamarack is located at 2000 Tamarack Road (off West Main Street) in Newark. Patients may receive laboratory collection services without an appointment; however, they will be required to have a signed order from their physician. Patients should also present their insurance information. Patients should report to the Outpatient Registration area through the front door of the building. The Laboratory is located on the first floor and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. At this time, infant specimen collections, drug screens or glucose tolerance testing cannot be performed at this site. Tests that require special processing also may not be collected at this site. Outpatient laboratory specimens will be analyzed in the Laboratory Department at Licking Memorial Hospital.
Laboratory phone (740) 348-4155 and Laboratory fax (740) 348-4166. The Laboratory Director, Lorei Reinhard, BS, MT (ASCP)SH may be reached at (740) 348-4156 or by e-mail at lreinhard@LMHealth.org.
The Laboratory maintains and assures quality through a comprehensive in-house quality control program, as well as by participating in testing through the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and accreditation by The Joint Commission. Additionally, our Blood Bank is accredited through the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).